REQUIREMENTS FOR TB TESTING:
- Two (2) passport-size pictures (35mm/45mm) with white background.
- Original national passport
- Photocopy of the national passport (Bio-data page)
- Applicants traveling with children below 11 years should produce a photocopy of the Bio-data page of the national passport and/ or birth certificate of the children
- Complete address and Phone number in the UK.
- Complete address and phone number in your home country
NOTE: Applicants must give their consent to UK TB medical team to conduct the TB test by signing a Consent Form (this form will be provided by the UK TB medical team in the office prior to conducting testing).
If the test is negative:
If the test (chest x-ray) shows that you do not have infectious TB, the UK TB medical team office will give you a certificate which you must submit with your visa application form. The certificate remains valid for 6 months. You will need to bring the certificate with you to the UK, and you should carry it in your hand luggage – if you do not do this, you may be delayed on arrival in the UK. We also advise you to take your chest x-ray with you to the UK, in case you need to see a doctor during your stay.
If the test is positive:
If the x-ray shows signs of TB infection, the clinic will perform other tests (sputum smears/ culture) to find out whether you have infectious TB. This testing may require you to report to our office for 3 consecutive days.
If you have TB, the UK TB medical team will not give you a certificate and you will not be able to apply for a visa until you have been cured. The UK TB medical team will give you advice and tell you how to get treatment. A full course of treatment usually takes 6 months. After the complete course of treatment, you
will need to pay for another TB test – if this test shows that you are free of infectious TB, the UK TB medical team will provide you a certificate and you can apply for a visa.
It is advisable for applicants to do the TB test at least 10 weeks prior to their application because if chest x-ray findings are suggestive of pulmonary tuberculosis, it will be necessary to do further testing (Sputum Smears/Culture) for 6-8 weeks before results will be available. The certificate will be issued to applicants whose results are negative. If results are positive, the applicant will be referred for treatment for a period of at least 6 months.
Pregnant women TB screening:
Special procedures and requirements for pregnant applicants will be discussed by UK TB health focal point.
For applicants below 11 years of age, the medical TB detection procedure consists of:
- Questionnaire regarding child’s health, answered by a parent or guardian.
- If indicated: further evaluation for applicants of 11 years and above.
- A certificate was issued at the UK TB medical team office.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If at least one family member is referred for sputum tests, children under 11 years will not receive a certificate until the sputum test results have been received, at which point it will be decided if the children need further investigation.
– We are the only UK approved center in Afghanistan, for more information please see the link below:
For Questions, you can call +93 70 57 77 284
Phone calls will be accepted between 08:00 am- 5:00 pm, Sat-Thurs